Idea for micro-prototype. Status: Early test.
- Render from Maya a video loop of the word “Curved 弯”so that the word appears to be circling the 360 screen.
- Insert into Unity using video plugins
- Remap onto cylinder geometry using material texture captured every frame.
- Render a longer video with variations of speed (acceleration-deceleration)
- Render with English-Cantonese morphings.
- Add sound synchronized to speed.
- Make video documentation using camera on a tripod (or on a turntable rotating in centre of gallery). Potentially add a few people walking in opposite direction. Change the people as the camera rotates so that the swapping out of people is not visible. Single long shot: 1 minute. Cast: core collaborators. Date: last week of August.
AVPro Windows Media… a multi-thread video decoder: http://www.renderheads.com/portfolio/UnityAVProWindowsMedia/